The importance of road safety was highlighted at the CCAA Victorian Road Safety is Everyone's Business Seminar
on Wednesday 16 October 2019.
The seminar covered key topics such as:
- The 5 key lessons that help enable a safe workplace;
- The Towards Zero Campaign and Transport Accident Commission (TAC) support for trailing new anti-drink-driving technology;
- Research into heavy vehicles incidents and Toll's response to address such issues as fatigue, worker health and third-party truck awareness using tools such as their Toll Group Chain of Responsibility Guide for Customers;
- Recruiting for safety; and
- Proposed changes to the NVHL to a more risk-based, outcomes-focussed regime that supports greater use of emerging technologies.
The afternoon was rounded off by viewing the newly released Australian movie, Ride Like a Girl.
With almost 100 industry attendees, the seminar provided a great opportunity for industry to network and share learnings in this important area for CCAA members.
CCAA has received permission to publish the following presentations from the seminar: