Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia is the peak body for the heavy construction materials industry in Australia.
Our members operate cement manufacturing and distribution facilities, concrete batching plants, hard rock quarries and sand and gravel extraction operations throughout the nation. CCAA membership is made up of the majority of material producers and suppliers, and ranges from large global companies, to SMEs and family operated businesses.
It generates approximately $15 Billion in annual revenues and employs approximately 30,000 Australians directly and a further 80,000 indirectly. The Heavy Construction Materials Industry is vital to the nation's building and construction industries and underpins the development of Australia’s physical infrastructure.
We represent our members' interests through advocacy to government and the wider community; assistance to building and construction industry professionals; development of market applications; and a source of technical and reference information.
The role of CCAA is to support the maintenance of the overall industry operation by:
- Building an understanding of industry and its role with stakeholders
- Maintain existing and develop new markets for members’ products
- Advocate for and influence the application and use of members’ products
- Influence development of codes and standards to support the use of member’s products
- Demonstrate the industry’s sustainability credentials
- Encourage collaboration and networking across the industry
- Supply and share information to support the industry