THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS
The ingredients for making concrete, cement, sand and gravel are transported to the concrete
batching plant where they are stored separately in large storage bins or silos.
STORING AND MIXING AT THE CONCRETE BATCH PLANT
These ingredients are transported on conveyor belts to a storage hopper where computers weigh the
material to specific proportions and safely release them into the agitator truck. The correct amount of
water is added and the concrete mixed as the agitator barrel is rotated, ready for testing and transport
to the construction site on a just in time basis where it can be cast into any imaginable shape.
Modern concrete batch plants use the latest technology to provide a product that meets strict
quality control requirements.
VARIOUS CONCRETE PRODUCTS
A range of concrete products can be produced to be used for a variety of special performance
requirements such as:
- Low carbon concrete that uses waste products such as slag or fly ash that are added to the cement
- High strength concrete that is used in columns to support high rise buildings
- Concrete that can be sprayed into position to stabilise tunnel walls
- Concrete that gains strength quickly to reduce building times and costs
- Decorative exposed aggregate and polished concrete for high end architecturally designed buildings
WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY
Appropriate community engagement is an important aspect of operating a modern concrete
batch plant. Helping the local community to understand how the business follows the stringent
planning and operating conditions allows the batch plant to co-exist with the local community and
maintain its social licence to operate.