Concrete Practice Course
CCAA's Concrete Practice Course has undergone a comprehensive review and is now offered in an exciting new interactive blended format comprising of:
- Part 1 - 14 eLearning Modules with embedded activities and assessments;
- Part 2- A two-day Workshop where participants hear from and speak with industry experts.
- Registrations will close 5 weeks prior to each workshop.
- Participants are to complete all modules prior to attending the workshop, as learnings will be referred to and enhanced during the two day workshop.
- Participants should allow 5-6 weeks to complete all 14 eLearning modules.
- Attendance at the 2 day workshop is a must to complete the course.
- Participants may be able to claim CPD points/hours by completing CCAA courses, if the individual finds it extends knowledge or expertise in their areas of practice. Participants are encouraged to speak to their member organisation for confirmation.
2020 Workshop Schedule
- Registrations are now open - click on the relevant state below.
- NSW - 12 & 13 May 2020 | Pullman Sydney Airport, Mascot (Sydney).
- QLD - 19 & 20 May 2020 | Brisbane.
- VIC - 26 & 27 May 2020 | Melbourne.
- WA - 16 & 17 June 2020 | Perth.
- TAS - 22 & 23 July 2020 | Location TBA.
- SA - 18 & 19 August 2020 | Adelaide.
This course has been designed to provide participants with a detailed understanding of concrete material and behaviour in relation to physical properties, production, placing and associated on-site operations such as reinforcement and potential causes of failure.
It has been developed in consultation with the industry for the industry.
The 14 eLearning modules have been developed to enhance our industry's knowledge of concrete and are designed with embedded activities and assessments in a sequential, easy to follow, and easy to navigate format:
- Our work environment
- Introduction to concrete
- Cementitious materials
- Aggregates for concrete
- Mixing water
- Chemical admixtures
- Specifications, ordering and assessment
- Concrete properties and testing
- Project planning and execution
- Managing site conditions
- Managing concrete performance
- Principles of reinforced concrete
- Paving and mass concrete
Workshops will be held around the country and comprise of:
- Presentations from industry experts;
- Q&A Panel session with industry experts;
- Group work and case studies; and
- Final assessment.
The course is intended for builders, engineers, specifiers and those involved in producing, selling, transporting, testing and placing concrete.
The learning objective of this course is to understand concrete materials; behaviour and properties of concrete; concrete production; reinforcement in concrete; placing and associated on-site operations and cracking on concrete. Click here
for detailed learning objectives.
The Concrete Practice Course is now delivered as an interactive blended program comprising of:
- Part 1: 14 eLearning modules with embedded activities and assessments (approx. 10 hours)
- Part 2: 2 day workshop where participants hear from and speak with industry experts.
All modules are to be completed prior to attending the workshop, as learnings will be referred to and enhanced during the two days and then assessed through group work, case studies and final assessment.
Participants should allow 5-6 weeks to complete all 14 eLearning modules.
Assessment requirements for this course includes:
- Online Modules
Students are expected to have successfully completed all work including readings and assessments of the 14 online modules prior to attending the face-to-face workshop.
Students are expected to be present at both days of the face-to-face workshop.
An examination will take place on the final day of the face-to-face workshop. To successfully complete this course, students need to complete this examination with a final mark of at least 75%. This is an open book examination and comprises of both multiple choice and short answer questions.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however CCAA recommend prior completion of the Concrete Basics Course to increase awareness and understanding of concrete and/or five years industry experience.
$1,800.00 (inc. GST) per person
Cancellation and Substitute Student Conditions
Please refer to page 2 of our Terms & Conditions here.
Please contact email@example.com.